Educational management is the theory and practice of the organization and administration of existing educational establishments and systems.
It deals with educational institutions - right from the schools and colleges to the secretariat.
It is concerned with both human and material resources.
The human elements include: (i) Children, (ii) parents, (iii) teachers and (iv) other employees in general - university of Board of Education at local, state and National levels of Governments
On the material side there are (a) finance, (b) buildings and grounds, (c) equipments and instructional supplies.
* It manages the students attendance records, results.
* It focus under certain curricular activities, time schedules, ideas and principles.
* It maintains necessary equipment, buildings, furnitures, laboratories, workshops, museums and art galleries.
* Effective control is important element in educational administration.
* Reporting the performance of the student to their parents is also a factor in education management.
Need of Educational Management:
In a democratic country like ours, educational management is necessity. The purpose of educational management is to bring pupils and teachers under such conditions as will more successfully promote the end of education.